Graduating this summer, need your advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jeffreykim

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I'm in a dilemma and I would like to hear some of your opinions on my situation. Before anything, here is my academic background:

University of Central Florida
Overall GPA - 3.37
Major - Health Sciences: Pre-Clinical
Observation hours ~ 100
GRE - Taking in the summer
AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
In the process of attaining my C.S.C.S.

I have been torn between the profession of nursing and physical therapy for the longest time now and I still can't seem to find the right area for me to go in. I'm afraid of the debt that I will get myself into from PT school, and I don't even know if I will be accepted! I have, at most, average grades and I don't feel like I stand out amongst the several hundred applicants that the schools will be receiving. This is why I have considered nursing. If I do go this route, I will have to go through the accelerated BSN program for 14 months. However, I don't want to stop there. I would go ahead and continue to get my MSN, specializing in Leadership & Management. There are many pro's and con's of both careers, and this is making it difficult for me to make my decision.

Has anyone else gone through this dilemma? I feel extremely discouraged because I can't seem to figure out what I want in this life. I will be applying to PT school this year, but I feel as if I should also apply for the nursing program. Any thoughts?