GRE ADVICE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BeardedDragonGirl

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I took the GRE this past month and my score were (on the revised scale):
Verbal: 150
Quantitative: 156
Analytical Writing: 5.5
I know the verbal and quant. scores are super average, which is what worries me.

Here are my other stats to consider:
Overall GPA: 4.00
Science GPA: 4.00
Veterinary experience hours (mostly SA, some LA, equine, and exotics): 1000+
Animal experience hours (mostly SA, some exotics): 1000+

Would it benefit me to take the GRE again? I am applying to several schools and would like to save the money where I can, if I can.

Thanks you all for your honest opinions!
 
Short answer: I wouldn't bother.

You have excellent GPAs and a good amount of hours, so that will more than balance out your scores, which aren't even that bad.
 
I agree with epi. Save yourself some money and don't take it again. You're GPA is perfect and your experiences are good and diverse. Good luck applying!
 
I agree. With your perfect GPA and diverse experience you probably could have done worse on the GRE and still been perfectly fine. 🙂 Good luck!