GRE Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PApt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading these forums most of the summer and decided to finally join! I just took the GRE's and wanted to get some opinions on whether or not I should retake them. Here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.83
Pre-req GPA: 3.76
GRE's: 152V 155Q still waiting on AW

I have a lot of extracurricular activities, research, honors classes and honors thesis work. Do you think I will be okay with these scored if my AW is decent? I would appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Ptcas shows the average stats for accepted students (for some schools at least). Check that out when you're looking at places to apply. I'd imagine you're above the bar at most of them

Ptcas shows the average stats for accepted students (for some schools at least). Check that out when you're looking at places to apply. I'd imagine you're above the bar at most of them
Thanks, I have checked them out already. My stats are above average for all of the schools I am applying to for both GPA's but most of the schools have an average accepted GRE of 155V 155Q, so I am a bit below that which worries me. My GRE scores are still above the minimum so I am hoping the rest of my application will make up for it. I am pretty sure I have very strong reference letters and the rest of my application is well rounded.