GRE and SOPHAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kutmasta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been clarified on another post, but this whole damn process is still a bit confusing to me.

From my understanding, I send my scores from ETS directly to the schools, and then they'll forward my scores to SOPHAS? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of SOPHAS being a central processing center? Anyways, if that is the case, then can I just send the scores from ETS to one school, and since that school will be forwarding the score to SOPHAS, depend on SOPHAS to send my scores to any other school on my application that I did not send the scores to via ETS?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm wondering about this too. I'm under the impression that sending your GRE scores to schools that use SOPHAS (except for those two that don't report back to SOPHAS) will result in SOPHAS getting the scores from them, and sending them back out to the other schools you're applying too. I hope I'm right about that, because I used 2 of of my 4 day of the GRE score reports to send to SOPHAS schools; I'm hoping to not have to pay to send out any other GRE scores!

I went to the virtual chat, and all the schools I attended the chats with said they would get the GRE scores from SOPHAS. (Drexel, Columbia, Yale, Harvard, BU)

I was wondering about this too. Also I feel slightly dumb (and plan on calling on this tomorrow unless someone has an answer), but it asks for converted scores..? As in converted to the old scale?