1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

GRE Deadlines

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by mrt111, Aug 18, 2011.

1. mrt111

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm looking to take the GRE at the end of September and apply for admission to Vet school this fall. Some Vet schools require scores to be submitted by october. Even if I were to take the GRE today, there would be no way to get scores to the schools until November. One school I talked to said they're lenient regarding this issue since it's a new test. Does anyone know whether or not other schools are as lenient?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LetItSnow

LetItSnow Skipping the light fandango
    Veterinarian 7+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    My school is requiring the test to have been taken by July 31. They are considering extenuating circumstances to allow you to take it up to Sept 30, but you have to specifically apply for the extension. I don't know what conditions qualify for the extension.

My guess is it will vary from school to school.

4. das257

das257 RUSVM 2015
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
  5. twelvetigers

twelvetigers stabby cat
    Veterinarian 10+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    OKSU will take new test scores, and I *think* the end of September would still be okay, time-wise. But do double check that if you're interested.

6. drwildlife

drwildlife SGU Class of 2017?
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Most have extended their deadlines. It just depends on the school so I would go to the individual websites to look. APVMA does not have an updated list yet.

7. mrt111

Pre-Veterinary
    Thanks for the replies. I've been going on school's websites and some have extended the deadlines. VMCAS deadlines may not 100% accurate.