GRE Deadlines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrt111

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to take the GRE at the end of September and apply for admission to Vet school this fall. Some Vet schools require scores to be submitted by october. Even if I were to take the GRE today, there would be no way to get scores to the schools until November. One school I talked to said they're lenient regarding this issue since it's a new test. Does anyone know whether or not other schools are as lenient?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to take the GRE at the end of September and apply for admission to Vet school this fall. Some Vet schools require scores to be submitted by october. Even if I were to take the GRE today, there would be no way to get scores to the schools until November. One school I talked to said they're lenient regarding this issue since it's a new test. Does anyone know whether or not other schools are as lenient?

My school is requiring the test to have been taken by July 31. They are considering extenuating circumstances to allow you to take it up to Sept 30, but you have to specifically apply for the extension. I don't know what conditions qualify for the extension.

My guess is it will vary from school to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most have extended their deadlines. It just depends on the school so I would go to the individual websites to look. APVMA does not have an updated list yet.

Thanks for the replies. I've been going on school's websites and some have extended the deadlines. VMCAS deadlines may not 100% accurate.