GRE - is it too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richamond2332

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just took the GRE a couple days ago, and I got a low score 150/150/3.0
The PTCAS deadline for the schools that I'm applying to is 10/1/2015. If I retake the GRE in 3 weeks, I would not be able to see my Essay score till after the deadline. In case I get lower then this, I wouldn't find out until I already submitted my application. Or can I submit my PTCAS application and then choose which GRE scores to submit?
I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

some schools will take the highest score for each section, regardless if the tests were taken on different days. It depends on which school though

Hello,
I just took the GRE a couple days ago, and I got a low score 150/150/3.0
The PTCAS deadline for the schools that I'm applying to is 10/1/2015. If I retake the GRE in 3 weeks, I would not be able to see my Essay score till after the deadline. In case I get lower then this, I wouldn't find out until I already submitted my application. Or can I submit my PTCAS application and then choose which GRE scores to submit?
I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot.
Usually they won't review until a little while after the deadline. So if you can send your scores and update the writing score they might be able to see it. Be sure to study for the essay portion! your other scores are decent.

Members don't see this ad :)
some schools will take the highest score for each section, regardless if the tests were taken on different days. It depends on which school though

Thank you for replying.
So would you recommend submitting all my GRE attempts to PTCAS? This part of the application is confusing to me. Why does each school have their own "code"?

yes submit all your scores to PTCAS. The GRE code is like an address, so each school has their own unique GRE code.