GRE percentile increases

Started by pmau22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pmau22

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

When I first took the GRE back in April and sent my 4 free scores my original GRE scores were:

V 158 77%
Q 162 86%
W 4 49%

After sending out my scores to the other handful of schools I applied to, I noticed a change in my percentiles:

V 158 78%
Q 162 84%
W 4 54%

In your guys' opinion, would it be worth resending these scores to the other 4 institutions? I always thought my writing was a little weak since it was under 50%, but now its 54%! 😍
 
the majority of schools I remember looking at when applying only had number minimums, they didn't say they cared about the actual percentage. I think everyone knows a 158 in either and a 4 AW is solid. I wouldn't waste the money.