GRE Practice test accuracy?

Started by Maschka1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Maschka1

CSU c/o 2017
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am Just curious how people have performed on the GRE in comparison to practice tests? I am Using the Baron prep materials and my scores are so inconsistent on my practice test. I took the GRE 4 years ago without studying and ended up with pretty average scores. I am hoping to bump them up, but when I take the practice test in the baron book, my scores are dismally low.

I actually think this book has screwed me up more then help, as now I am questioning my math skills completely, and stare at problems in horror.

My test is on Tuesday and I am worried that these failed attempts at practice tests are going to effect how well I perform- I feel like a complete failure!

has anyone who took the test felt that it was easier/ harder then their prep material?

I did do the practice problems on ETS and got 80% of them right in all categories- which is much better then the book work.

I have literally spent 9 hours a day for the past week studying, how could I be doing worse on my practice tests?

Also I just cant remember and cant seem to find it written anywhere, Do they have a built in calculator for simple arithmetic in the GRE, or is EVERY math problem done by hand?

Thanks for your help! I think I am almost to the point of panic😱
 
I just took the GRE on Saturday, and I studied using a Princeton Review book and a Kaplan book. I mainly used the Kaplan book, and especially the online stuff. I found that my verbal score was about average from my practice tests - not the worst score but not the best score, while my quant score was higher than any of my practice tests. I highly recommend the Kaplan book and the online stuff that comes with it. I feel that it helped me a lot. Good luck!