GRE Prep Course good for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctormo24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im doing a summer research internship program at UVA and they are offering once a week for 1.5 hours weekly tutorials for those who need to prepare for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) The tutorials are designed to boost your score on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the test.

I don't plan on taking the GRE but do you think it'd be a good idea to sit in the tutorials. I plan to study for the MCAT when I come back from the summer. Should I sign up for the free GRE prep?

Members don't see this ad.

comparing the GRE with the MCAT is the same as making a comparison between apples and oranges, use the time you would spent sitting in on the tutorials, to study for the MCAT. You should get ahead over the summer before your school starts.

Im doing a summer research internship program at UVA and they are offering once a week for 1.5 hours weekly tutorials for those who need to prepare for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) The tutorials are designed to boost your score on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of the test.

I don't plan on taking the GRE but do you think it'd be a good idea to sit in the tutorials. I plan to study for the MCAT when I come back from the summer. Should I sign up for the free GRE prep?

not even close...its like two different languages...they are very different. i took both. vr on mcat is more reading comprehension...on gre...u just need to know definitions of a ton of words..

Members don't see this ad :)

No, I took the GRE and did very well. But the MCAT verbal section is nothing like the GRE verbal section. More specifically, my prowess in vocab isn't helping me squat on these MCAT passages.

The only thing that might help is some of the quantitative review. I strongly suggest reviewing fractions, scientific notation, and exponent/radical addition, subtraction, multiplication and division if you are not completely comfortable with them.