GRE Prep Materials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rl91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are numerous posts about materials to use for the GRE, but I just wanted to do a recent post.

Right now, I've been using the 5 lb Manhattan Prep Practice Problems book, 2 ed - mostly for verbal. I bought a 2013 Kaplan book a while back, but from several posts, Kaplan isn't that great so I haven't really been using it. Also, are there really any differences between the 2015 and 2016 "Cracking the GRE Premium Edition" of the Princeton Review?

Also, are there any suggestions? I'm also using Magoosh flashcards for vocab.

Thanks guys and appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the GRE today. I used Magoosh (6 month subscription & flashcard apps) and did a lot of the math practice problems in the 5lb of GRE book. I also took the 1st powerprep test to give me a ballpark idea of where I was. With a little over a month of prep, I raised my verbal score 8 points and quant score 7 points. I really liked Magoosh. The videos were well put together and the practice quizzes helped me a lot with my timing. Definitely worth the $99.

During the test, I also recognized a lot of words from the vocab app.:)

Reactions: 1 user
I've taken the test twice on the last six months. The first time I used Princeton exclusively and scored a 307 (155v 152Q). The second time I used magoosh but still kept Princeton for the practice test and my score went up to 316 (157v 159q). Magoosh is great, I would recommend to anyone.

Reactions: 1 user