GRE Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CollegeGirl3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a powerprep exam and got a 148V and 159Q on the first practice exam. Although I know that my scores will not be exactly the same, I am hoping to raise these scores in time for my actual GRE exam. I am planning on taking it in six months, so I have a while to study for it. I was wondering what you all have done to study for the GRE? Especially the verbal... like who cares about vocab? Lol. No, but really, advice? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I did the Magoosh GRE website subscription. I got a 780 math and 380 verbal the first time (last year's scoring system) and this time I got 159 math and 162 verbal. I dedicated quite a bit of time to studying but they have it set up so you can do hundreds of practice q's and review videos explaining each one if you want to see how you did it wrong. I also wrote down all the vocab I didn't know right from the site (they give definitions as well). PM me if you need more info. It's expensive but it's a really good investment.

I checked out GRE prep books from my local public library. I got familiar with styles of questions and worked hundreds of practice questions (explanations of answers is valuable information). See what areas you struggle in and plug more energy into studying for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is an apples to oranges comparison! Does Magoosh only let you take ONE practice test? How about one at first one and one at the end?

That is an apples to oranges comparison! Does Magoosh only let you take ONE practice test? How about one at first one and one at the end?

what is apples to oranges? the scores? they can be looked up (they have conversion charts). and magoosh has hundreds of practice questions. if you want a practice exam you just put in 30 minutes of verbal or whatever. as many practice quizzes as you want (although after like 300 questions it starts recycling them ).

How long do you think I need to take the gre again first time I got 148V 152M 4.5AW I want to try and take it mid October will that be enough time you think