GRE Psych Subject Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyD123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I was admitted to a Psy.D program, I still need to take the subject test to help determine the amount of funding I will receive. Just one question about this test...are there many questions regarding the names of people in psychology? Should I focus on memorizing names? I feel very comfortable with the concepts and definitions, but not so much about the names. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, there will be names on the subject test. I HIGHLY suggest getting the GRE psychology study guide by Kaplan. I score a 760 out of 800 on the exam (98th percentile), all i did was review the Kaplan book. It explains everything that you need to know for the exam. Good luck, dont stress out, its not a difficult exam if you prepare.

I used the Kaplan along with the Princeton Review and had a PSY101 book on hand to reference any points that were new (not many were). I got a 730 and really didn't spend too much time preparing- it is WAY less stressful than the regular GREs.