gre question

Started by MSS978
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MSS978

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I took the SAT approximately eight years ago - did average (1120 - 520v 600 math). I am applying to a few post baccs for the fall (programs for career changers with no science course experience) - among the schools that require sat's are tufts, penn, and columbia. How heavily do they weigh these SAT scores? Is it worth it to study for the gre? My undergrad gpa is just below 3.5.

Thanks any advice is greatly appreciated!
 
I am not sure about the other programs, but Penn does not seem to weigh the SAT's as heavily. If all of your other stats are in order then you should be fine. I had a very low SAT score when I applied and was accepted at Penn. On the other hand, I also had a 3.8 GPA as well as various volunteering and shadowing experiences. I also had a letter from a doctor that was an alumni of Penn, which seemed to look very good to them.
 
Hello

I took the SAT approximately eight years ago - did average (1120 - 520v 600 math). I am applying to a few post baccs for the fall (programs for career changers with no science course experience) - among the schools that require sat's are tufts, penn, and columbia. How heavily do they weigh these SAT scores? Is it worth it to study for the gre? My undergrad gpa is just below 3.5.

Thanks any advice is greatly appreciated!

Consider Harvard Extension, I assume you haven't taken the MCATs yet?