ayyntee

5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I was planning on applying to PT school this summer, and I was wondering how long it takes before one receives their GRE scores? If a deadline to apply to a school is October and I take the GRE September will PTCAS receive my scores in time to apply to that school? So my real question is how long before the deadline of a school should I plan on taking the GRE's?

Azimuthal

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
I'd give it >1 month. This will give ample time for ETS to register your scores and for you to to send them to PTCAS or the school. Keep in mind that letters do get lost and the closer to the time frame you send out your scores, the less the time you will have to fix any issue that may arise.

Dec 9, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
My friend took the new GRE in mid to late September of last year, and the deadline for one of the schools she applied to was mid-October. She got everything submitted by the deadline. However, as mentioned above, you should try to do it earlier in case an issue arises that needs to be fixed.

Feb 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Right after you take the GRE you can opt to send your scores to something like 3-5 schools. If you do that they get there faster. Most schools want you to send the scores directly to them and not to PTCAS. Which is lame because it costs $20ish per school.

Nov 27, 2011
Status
Physical Therapist
6 to 8 weeks is was what they told me after I took it and t ended up taking the full 8 weeks for me to receive my scores.