GRE required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Beyonce2.0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I was wondering if I need to take the GRE for applying to MD/PhD programs? As far as I know, not all programs require it but some say it's good to have on file because some grad programs may require it. Is this also the case if I plan to have my PhD in the natural sciences? Thanks in advance!
 
We do not even have a field in our database for GRE scores, so I cannot say how common it is for applicants to have a score. Every year, I get 1 or 2 applicants who send me a GRE score, so my guess is that very few applicants take the GRE and no programs that I am familiar with require them.