GRE requirements for PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My friend's younger sister is currently an RD (dietician) but she's interested in switching careers by going to PA school. I think it might be a good choice for her.

I know she's got the prerequisites for PA school out of the way but does anyone know what sort of GRE score you need to be a competitive applicant? (Not just combined GRE total but minimum in each area of verbal and math?) I didn't see any threads that specifically addressed this issue.

I'm worried that might be a stumbling block for her.

Anyway, thanks for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe the minimum is a 1000 total, but what it is defined as "competitive" varies from school to school. Is there a particular program she's looking into?

I believe the minimum is a 1000 total, but what it is defined as "competitive" varies from school to school. Is there a particular program she's looking into?

No, I think she's just looking to get in anywhere she can. Her total is above 1000, but I think her verbal might be sort of on the lower end-ish (<400).

But maybe it makes no difference?

Thanks for the response, though! :)