Antsi3

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
So I took the GRE for the first time today and got a 143 on Verbal and 147 on Math. Is this average or below?
I'm definitely going to retake.

Jan 8, 2014
Your verbal score is the 18th percentile which means 82% of people did better than you. Your quantitative score is the 28th percentile (because of which, I may need to again explain that 72% of people scored better than you). Average scores (a percentile of 50) are 151 for verbal and 152.5 for quantitative.

OP
A

Antsi3

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Your verbal score is the 18th percentile which means 82% of people did better than you. Your quantitative score is the 28th percentile (because of which, I may need to again explain that 72% of people scored better than you). Average scores (a percentile of 50) are 151 for verbal and 152.5 for quantitative.
Oh wow, ok. I got some studying to do!

Nov 11, 2014
What he MEANT to say is consider retaking it with the intentions of scoring a 300. Verbal is unfortunately more valued by schools than your quantitative score, so definitely aim for the higher side in verbal. I don't know how well you did on your writing, but your math score isn't that far off. I would use Magoosh to study. They were spot on with the test. I improved my score and got into PT school using their materials. Schools do more often than not take the highest score of each, so keep that in mind as you plan your retake(s) it. You'll make it happen. Good luck! :)

Reactions: Antsi3
Aug 25, 2015
Status
Non-Student
Hi there - first time poster! :)

Antsi3, you can definitely look over your report and it will give you more information on how your score compares to others, which is helpful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should retake.

My GREs: 161 verbal / 143 analytical / 4.1 / essay

I've also been out of undergrad for three years and working. I took the GREs in 2012 so they expire next year, when I'm hoping to apply to DPT programs. The minimum analytical score for my preferred program is 147 so I'm wondering if I should retake it just to boost that score. Or if I shouldn't bother with my verbal score and undergraduate GPA of 3.5 (although not a health-related major).

Jun 29, 2015
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Hi there - first time poster! :)

Antsi3, you can definitely look over your report and it will give you more information on how your score compares to others, which is helpful.

I'm also trying to decide if I should retake.

My GREs: 161 verbal / 143 analytical / 4.1 / essay

I've also been out of undergrad for three years and working. I took the GREs in 2012 so they expire next year, when I'm hoping to apply to DPT programs. The minimum analytical score for my preferred program is 147 so I'm wondering if I should retake it just to boost that score. Or if I shouldn't bother with my verbal score and undergraduate GPA of 3.5 (although not a health-related major).
If you don't meet the minimum you definitely need to retake it. Also, how do you make a 4.1 on the essay..?

Aug 25, 2015
Status
Non-Student
If you don't meet the minimum you definitely need to retake it. Also, how do you make a 4.1 on the essay..?
Thank you!

It was honestly so long ago that I don't even remember. Maybe it was just 4... I have to take another look haha.

Last edited: