GRE Score Input

Started by dcscott325
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dcscott325

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm just trying to get a feel as to how competitive my GRE scores are. I know my GPA is good (3.6 pre-req, 3.7 overall) and I've got over 1500 observation hours, but I've really been stressing about my GRE. I received the following scores:
Math: 149
Verbal: 157
Writing: 4.5

I feel like these scores are low (especially the math score). Some schools I'm applying to only require a 300 overall, which I have, but others require a minimum of 150 in each category. Will I really be overlooked for 1 point when the rest of my stats are really good? Is it really worth taking the test again for 1 point???

Just looking for any thoughts or suggestions... Thanks guys!
 
Thanks for the response! Yes, my 1500 hours includes:
Geriatrics
Cardio-pulmonary
Orthopedic
Pediatrics
Neurology

However, I'm also concerned because I don't have any "organized" extracurriculars either. I've been working at least 30 hours a week while going to school and getting my observation hours, which hasn't really left much free time for anything else. I was trying to have everything else look as good as possible so that hopefully the schools I apply to will overlook that issue.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the help.... It didn't really seem reasonable to have to pay another $180 to retake the test for only 1 point. Still keeping my fingers crossed that it will be enough overall!