GRE scores question

Started by jtb93
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jtb93

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Assuming I don't get into my ED school, I am going to take the GRE once more (October 14) before submitting my application to other schools. The last "acceptable" GRE date for the schools is October 15, but it is recommended that the last GRE is taken by the end of September. It sounds like this is just in place to guarantee that the scores get to the school in ample time. Should my scores have any issue reaching their destination in this time window?

Also, how soon after taking the GRE are you able to send the additional score reports from the ETS website? I know the website prompts you to select the scores you wish to send to the school, but will their be an option to select the "new" test since scores are not registered yet? I am taking my final GRE October 14, so I will need to send all additional score reports immediately.

Thank you.
 
So even though the GRE site won't have the scores in yet, I'll still be able to request the additional scores?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No you won't be able to send them from the GRE website at home.
Right after you take your exam, on the computer screen, you will be able to send the scores to your schools, (up to 4 schools, for free). You will know your verbal and quantitative scores but you won't know your writing score.

If you don't send them the day of the exam before you leave the testing center then you will have to wait for your GRE scores to be available on the GRE website (~10-15days) and only then you will be able to send them to your schools ($27 per school). If you choose that second option it might not work with the schools deadlines.
 
Thanks for the response.

I contacted ETS and was notified that I'd be able to send the scores immediately after leaving the testing center. The representative told me there will be a placeholder for the scores, but you are still able to select those scores to be sent since the test will have been taken.