GRE Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTApplicant4

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes for official GRE scores to be sent and received by programs? The majority of the programs I am applying to have October 1st deadlines. I just took my GRE yesterday, the 15th, so I should have my scores in about 2 weeks. From there, I know I need to order and send them. How long does it take if a school receives them electronically, as well as by mail? I've seen a bunch of contradicting opinions on this and just wanted to make sure that my scores will reach everywhere on time. I saw on the APTA's website to take the GRE at least 6 weeks before the deadline, so I took it about 6 1/2 weeks ahead to give myself the most time to study and I ended up being very pleased with my score. Thanks for the help everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well you should of been given the option to send out scores to i think 3 schools for free right after you took the test. If you didn't end up taking advantage of that then you can put in the request to send them on ETS and I believe it is all done electronically with your PT schools code. Mine only took a week for the schools to receive them and you can send your scores before the writing portion comes in.

Reactions: 1 user
For most of them, you need to fill up the GRE score during the application process