GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTWannabe87

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if this has been asked already.

Do DPT programs typically allow you to combine GRE scores or do you have have to use the highest single total score?

Thanks - lots of great information on here!
 
It varies by program.

For example, the University of Colorado takes an entire test's scores into consideration. They will not take your Verbal from one test, Math from another, and Essay from another.

Other schools take the highest in each category, regardless of how many times you took the GRE.
 
It varies from school to school. You will have to contact each school you are planning on applying to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is for the two that said it varies by school...

Which schools allows you to combine scores? It is not something I ever looked into...but I am just curious which schools you are using as a resource for your answer.
 
This is for the two that said it varies by school...

Which schools allows you to combine scores? It is not something I ever looked into...but I am just curious which schools you are using as a resource for your answer.
You would have to contact each school to find out.
 
I was just accepted to the university of st augustine and took my gre 2 times..they do not require the written portion and will take the highest of whatever section on either try..but will usually not ask you to take it more than twice!🙂
 
I was just accepted to the university of st augustine and took my gre 2 times..they do not require the written portion and will take the highest of whatever section on either try..but will usually not ask you to take it more than twice!🙂
St. Augustine is an example