GRE Subject Test - Biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

housecleaning

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have suggestions about how to prepare for the GRE biochemistry subject test?

Success stories would be great.
 
I think the best way to study for it is to go over the practice test ETS sends you. The actual test questions are identical, fairly similar or at least related. I had a biochem book handy so if I wanted to explore a practice test answer a little more I could. If you can answer all the questions on the practice test you should have no problem with the real one. I would definitely practice time managment, because that is probably the biggest issue with this test. I think answering the experimental questions first is the best way to go about it, because they take the most time/thought and at the end of such a long test you might not have the energy or even care about answering them. If you can get through all 180 questions (which is really hard to do) you should score fairly well, even if you don't answer them all correctly. Don't put off studying the material, because unlike the general test this one takes more than the weekend before for studying. But other than that, I don't think you need to do too much.