GRE subject tests help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mercaptovizadeh

ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they help at all? Can excellent science subject test scores compensate in any way for a less strong GPA?
 
mercaptovizadeh said:
Do they help at all? Can excellent science subject test scores compensate in any way for a less strong GPA?
I haven't heard of GRE's contributing to one's competitiveness for MST programs. MCAT is where the money's at.
 
Yeah, I took the GRE biochem subject test. It's one beeyatch of a test, and I scored 96th percentile..lower percentile than my MCAT. I put my score on my AMCAS, but I didn't send score reports to any schools. I don't think anyone cares how I did on that one. 😉 Plus I took the April test, 2 weeks before the MCAT. I *definitely* wouldn't recommend that timing. So..unless you have some clear indication that it's going to help you, or you're thinking about applying to straight PhD programs, I wouldn't bother.