GRE - Submit all scores? Wait to submit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopept2019

Reaction score
I've read mulitple threads regarding GRE scores and there is so much information I'm unclear as to which advice to follow. I have a 3.7 overall GPA and a 3.5 pre-req GPA but I'm not a great standardized test taker. I took my first GRE last month and didn't do well. I am taking it again this week and am hoping to do better (obviously). If I don't do as well as I'd like, do I move forward with submiting my PTCAS application anyway? Can I take the GRE again after submitting my PTCAS application and supply the scores later? Finally, when I do submit the scores, do I have to supply all of my scores from each test or can I just supply the best scores from one of the tests?

TIA for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Check the programs you're interested in to see when the last acceptable GRE test date is. PTCAS does mention this, "Official GRE scores from ETS can be received by PTCAS at any point during the application cycle, even after your application is submitted or verified; however, some programs may have a deadline by which they want your scores posted." When you send your scores, the scores from all sections will be provided. But some schools do look at the best score per section using multiple exams while some others look at only the set of scores from a single exam. Best of luck to you on the GRE!

Yes, as long as GRE is submitted and verified before the programs application deadline date (around Oct 1 for most).

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the GRE last year but I am retaking it in 2 weeks. Do I have to send in my first scores as well or can I use my retaken scores only?