GRE timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

navybluedreams

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

So I'm currently enrolled in two classes, that are ending roughly around 8/7. My plan was to get my official grades, send out transcript request forms to the appropriate schools, and then hopefully submit everything into PTCAS by 8/10. Additionally, I have the mindset that I want to enter in all my official scores/grades into PTCAS before I hit submit. However, I was planning to take my GREs on 7/26, and I was wondering if you guys know whether I'll have my AW scores from ETS by then so I can enter them in?

Also, I'm taking two intense classes right now whose coursework and studying is taking up the majority of my time. I don't really have much time to be studying for the GREs, but I can here and there. This would be my second time taking it (after scoring 150V 150Q) the first time around, so I want to ensure that I do better. But I also want to submit my apps early. Would it be a bad idea if I took it without being too prepared or can I take it after I submit my PTCAS app?

Sorry for the heavy message!
 
In regards to when your AW scores are available, ETS emailed me approximately 10 days after I took the test telling me my scores were available.

If you're wanting to get a better score, I'd suggest making sure you are more prepared than you were when you took the test the first time around. It'll be a waste of time and money if you take the test, knowing you're not prepared, and then end up getting around the same score.