GRE vs GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mucaro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How important are GRE scores for PA school??
Do they really view them as a requirement or do they want high scores??

I'd appreciate if recenly accepted PA's to school and/or PA school officials provide input.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I see the GRE as a kind of "hoop" to jump through on the way to an acceptance. Not all schools require the GRE (some MCAT, some none at all), and I think they just want to see decent scores indicative of basic reasoning and comprehension skills. GPA and patient care experience are much more important in the application process.

It's up to the schools what they want to require for admission, and since most programs grant Master's degrees, school administration probably sees it as an acceptable standard for any post-bachelor's program (Bio, Chem, whatever).

I see the GRE as a kind of "hoop" to jump through on the way to an acceptance. Not all schools require the GRE (some MCAT, some none at all), and I think they just want to see decent scores indicative of basic reasoning and comprehension skills. GPA and patient care experience are much more important in the application process.

It's up to the schools what they want to require for admission, and since most programs grant Master's degrees, school administration probably sees it as an acceptable standard for any post-bachelor's program (Bio, Chem, whatever).
Does this apply for Physician asst schools specifically? Or, are they more focuse on experiences, gpa and references?