Gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nismo13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the GRE and got a 153 on verbal and 146 for quantitative. At the end of the test there was no option to send my score to PTCAS as I will be applying this summer. I asked a supervisor and they didn't know what to tell me and said they only send to individual schools. What should I do?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad.

119 views and no responses lol

You will manually enter your scores on the PTCAS application and then you have to send an official score report to each school you are applying to that require the GRE. You can do this online from your GRE account on the ETS website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I'll wait to do that when the cycle opens up in July.

I have a 3.6 GPA, and I know I will have good letters or recommendation. I also have many observation hours as I work as a pt tech. I'm not sure if I should retake the GRE or if I should be ok?

Thanks, I'll wait to do that when the cycle opens up in July.

I have a 3.6 GPA, and I know I will have good letters or recommendation. I also have many observation hours as I work as a pt tech. I'm not sure if I should retake the GRE or if I should be ok?

I personally would retake it... b/c a Q146 would equate to a 36th percentile
Did you study when you first took the GRE? IMO, studying would improve your scores dramatically

http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_guide_table1a.pdf

I finished my spring semester and had 2 weeks to cram for the gre so i did not really prepare well.

I know I have to get my quantitative up but as I stand I have a combined 299. The average being 300, so doesn't that make me competitive as I have a pretty solid gpa and all other factors combined?

Also when would be the latest I could retake the GRE to be eligible for the next cycle?

It would have saved ya some bucks to send it to schools then. I think its something like $23 per school afterwards.

Does the writing portion matter?

I got a 157 on verbal and 160 on quantitative but only got a 3.5 on writing.