Great article

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
It's this that makes me realize that no matter how much I like it here in LR, the odds of finding work here aren't great. I'm banking on NE Arkansas being the place to be in a few years (.... I hope?!)

Why are chains sponsoring visas for so many foreign pharmacists when there are too many pharm grads in the US?

Its not like they are paying them a lower salary either, their average salary is 107k. It just seems ******ed.

Last edited:
Why are chains sponsoring visas for so many foreign pharmacists when there are too many pharm grads in the US?

Its not like they are paying them a lower salary either, their average salary is 107k. It just seems ******ed.

"You've got thousands of foreign pharmacists brought here by chains, which sponsored them for visas, helped them study for their exams, and now have an indentured workforce that is in no position to complain about wages or working conditions" said California pharmacist Lowell McNichol, PharmD.

Americans and their pesky workers' rights get in the way of profits!

Last edited:
"We have gone from an undersupply of pharmacists to an oversupply in a very short time," Cameron said. "Pharmacists are scrambling for jobs and there is a shortage of internships. The pressure is going to be down for some time. In California alone we're looking at 5 new pharmacy schools. Pennsylvania is going from 3 schools to 7. We're seeing that picture across the country."

University of the Sciences in Philadelphia = 1821
Pittsburgh = 1878
Temple = 1901
Duquesne = 1925

When you can't get your numbers straight, you lose a little bit of your credibility. Perhaps he's claiming that Temple isn't a real pharmacy school...

The article overlooked the expansion in enrollment at existing programs. Otherwise, it was fair, and I agree it was good to hear multiple perspectives.