• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

LEdaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I searched the forum and saw some props for Cramfighter for schedule-making. Has anyone used any of the other CK apps? I'm curious about the q&a ones, ie. First Aid, Lange, etc. There aren't very many reviews out there on ITunes.

It would be nice to not have to lug my laptop around. One of the threads mentioned that you can use an app to make UW work on IPads/IPhones.

PokerDoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Medical Student
You can put all the iphone pretest apps on ipad. If you jailbreak the ipad, there is an app that improves the resolution of the iphone 2x mode to make it crystal clear. I used that for all the pretest apps instead of buying the books.

There is also a practice CK test app, but it looks like crap, I wouldn't buy it.

For non CK stuff, there is an app called One night in the ED, which has 50 or so radiology cases that is really an amazing free radiology teaching file for common ED scenarios.

digitlnoize

Rock God
10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I searched the forum and saw some props for Cramfighter for schedule-making. Has anyone used any of the other CK apps? I'm curious about the q&a ones, ie. First Aid, Lange, etc. There aren't very many reviews out there on ITunes.

It would be nice to not have to lug my laptop around. One of the threads mentioned that you can use an app to make UW work on IPads/IPhones.
That was probably me. It requires a home computer that is on and connected to the 'net though. I use an App called Jump Desktop (which is the best remote desktop app out there, and I've tried a lot), and it lets you see your Windows desktop on your iPad. Works GREAT for UWorld, which is about all I used it for, except some occasional file management stuff.

Good Reader - Best PDF reader by far. Highlighting, annotation, markups, and syncing to a variety of "cloud" servers (Dropbox, etc). Put a PDF book in your Dropbox and it's instantly accessible through GoodReader.

AirVideo - Excellent for watching lecture videos (like Kaplan, or whatever). My only complaint is you can't do double speed, but still very good. Also requires a home server on.

While you've got your home server running, I'd get iSub or AudioGalaxy to stream your entire music library to your device to listen to while you're studying. Also works great in your car over 3G -> Bluetooth -> stereo.

There's a bunch of other moderately useful apps, but these are the BIG, MUST HAVE ones.

About the Ads

PokerDoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Medical Student
indeed.. I like it because of its simplicity, and it works seamlessly with both my mac and pc.

From time to open the app to actually being able to use stuff on my desktop cant be more than 5 seconds.

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I suggest making this thread or something similar a sticky. A lot of people are looking for this information. Great post digitlnoize.

PokerDoc

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Medical Student
lite version is the same thing, its intended for personal use (i.e. you). The full version does nothing extra its just licensed for commercial use.

About the Ads