Great Oppurtunity...What do you think???

Started by rphfan2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

R

rphfan2009

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been working the last 3.5 months at a country club as a bartender (to make ends meet) and waiting for a pharmacy tech job to open up somewhere. Anyhow, I have finally received 2 tech offers this week and I have to tell my boss that I am leaving.

Here is the problem: my boss is actually cool and a nice guy. He has worked around my class schedule and constantly tells me what a great bartender/employee that I am. I feel bad and I am telling him tomorrow. I plan to give him 1 week notice...is that okay?? I always gave 2 or 3 weeks notice at my past jobs--of course, I made a lot more money and had way more responsibilities at those jobs (I was in upper management and salaried). I was talking with a few friends and they said that 1 week is just fine, because its just a bartending job.

Any thoughts or comments?

P.S. I am very excited though about my tech job though 🙂 !
 
1 week is fine, and in this economy, should be plenty. He'll put up a 'help wanted' sign and in 30 seconds there'll be 500 applicants waiting for an interview.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too...He has to understand that its in my career field
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, thats what I was thinking too...He has to understand that its in my career field

Especially if you don't have plans of returning to this job, one week should be fine. I can't imagine he'll be a bad reference because you didn't give 2 weeks.
 
Thanks again to everyone who replied...

I told my boss today and he was very understanding and it went well 🙂