Great Study Tips for the NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Will Crane

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I just thought I would start a discussion on great ways to study for the NPTE. I am a DPT and have been practicing for 2 years and I thought I'd share a few thoughts and stimulate some discussion. 1-The NPTE is designed to test multiple concepts in one question. This is perhaps the hardest thing for people that I have talked to. How do you combine diabetes, obesity, and age into a workable treatment plan? It is key to try to combine concepts. 2-Take lots of practice exams! Make sure you don't suffer from test anxiety. What works for you studying for the NPTE?
 
Hey everyone,
I just thought I would start a discussion on great ways to study for the NPTE. I am a DPT and have been practicing for 2 years and I thought I'd share a few thoughts and stimulate some discussion. 1-The NPTE is designed to test multiple concepts in one question. This is perhaps the hardest thing for people that I have talked to. How do you combine diabetes, obesity, and age into a workable treatment plan? It is key to try to combine concepts. 2-Take lots of practice exams! Make sure you don't suffer from test anxiety. What works for you studying for the NPTE?
i think for me the best thing would to find a concise text pertaining to the topic eg. Neurology, musculoskeletal and then questions on those with explanations to all the answers. This way it would be easier for me to go through the major topics in a systematic order.