Great Volunteer and Clinical experience in Mexico!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmuck03

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found a really great opportunity for clinical experience for anyone who is lacking. It is a hike for humanity through International service learning.

Mexico Health Team for March 31 – June 13, 2008 has last minute openings for a few more students. Go to www.ISLonline.org to find out more about this program. Cost is $1,485. Contact Kyle Winston at [email protected] ASAP, if interested.”

Because it ends in June you will be able to put it on the 2009 app and they will write letters of rec if you need them.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it March 31-June 13, or is that a typo? Since we're nearing the end of April May 31-June 13 seems a more likely duration. ;)

My sister had thought of doing that trip, as much for the hiking experience as anything else, but her schedule was too crowded.

it is May...sorry

as for the ER comment...Yes, I suppose you could go volunteer in the ER if you want to "help poor Mexicans" I am going for both the clinical experience and the language opportunities. I do volunteer in an ER in Houston and the language barrier is a big problem. Either way...I'm excited!