Great way to save money on the interview trail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ny_ny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came across this website.... seems like a good idea... thought you guys might be interested......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Program Coordinator,

My name is Adam Oppenheimer and I am an intern at the University of Michigan. Having just experienced the interview trail last year, I know what a daunting, exhausting, and expensive process it can be.

Somewhere between Baltimore and Buffalo, I realized that it was difficult to network with other applicants, making it hard to pool our resources. On more than one occasion, I found myself in a rental car caravan with 4 or 5 other applicants, each of us driving separately to the same event, only to return to the same hotel and stay in separate rooms!

As a solution, I helped to design this website, www.MyInterviewTrail.com . It's a TOTALLY FREE website designed expressly for 4th year medical students. This site allows members to enter their trailstops into a protected database. (The
only requirement is a school.edu email address for the purposes of added security.) Through an internal search engine, the site matches applicants based on shared interview dates, locations, and subspecialty programs. Email listings are then provided to applicants with matching interview plans.

This website provides a means for applicants to pool their resources and share their interview trails with each other. In so doing, MyInterviewTrail.com saves money, and allows 4th years to connect with their future colleagues along the trail.

As program coordinators, you have the ability to introduce this service to a great number of 4th year medical students, and help to make their interview trails an easier process.

www.myinterviewtrail.com

http://www.myinterviewtrail.com/new/index.php

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns that
you may have.

Best,

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Surgical Intern
University of Michigan Hospitals
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.