Greatest success/failure interview question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know that this is a quite common question not just for interviews, but even for jobs and internships and other things.

I feel like I could figure out a success, but like "greatest failure" seems almost too dramatic and I know I will panic when someone asks me this question in my interview.

Any idea how to tackle this?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, uh...be honest. Surely you've had disappointments in life? Find one you can relate and explain how you overcame it and become better for it.

I agree with Illfavor. I think as long as you're honest and don't say something off the wall you'll be fine. No matter how large or small the failure if you give an honest and genuine answer they won't hold it against you, or at least I wouldn't imagine they would. It's been said before about other interview questions but thinking of the answer you would give ahead of time and how you might go about explaining it might relieve some of the anxiety if/when you are ever asked this question. Just don't memorize anything because if you give an answer that sounds rehearsed you may end up in a worse position than if you were to just wing it.

And DONT say that you have never experienced failure