Greek involvement

Started by CGH1989
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CGH1989

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys Im applying for the class of 2016 and I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on Greek involvement is? I was the academic chair and vice president of my sorority while in undergrad. Is this frowned upon or anything? It is a social sorority but we were very involved on campus and in the community. Any input is appreciated!!
 
I was in a social sorority as well. I definitely mentioned it on my app. I held a couple officer positions and I think it shows that you have leadership abilities. I would also mention the community service you did with your chapter. The ad comms should not look down on it. Your future classmates, however, probably have some pre-conceived notions about it. Some of mine certainly did.