Greek

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subzero0174

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about Greeks. I am a member of Delta Tau Delta, which is a greek fraternity. It is not a service fraternity per ce, but more of a stereotypical fraternity. I do hold the position of Academic Advisor, and have been a member for 2 years. I am basically wondering if I should put this membership on my med school apps, becuase I know that fraternities get a bad rap. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

subzero0174 said:
Hey guys, I have a question about Greeks. I am a member of Delta Tau Delta, which is a greek fraternity. It is not a service fraternity per ce, but more of a stereotypical fraternity. I do hold the position of Academic Advisor, and have been a member for 2 years. I am basically wondering if I should put this membership on my med school apps, becuase I know that fraternities get a bad rap. Any suggestions?

just don't wear your collar up to your interview

You can make it look like a really good thing: living and working with others on a daily basis, feeling of community, community service and charity work, your position of leadership in the fraternity. Not everything about Greeks is bad. Just play up the positives if asked (out of 10 interviews, I have NEVER been asked anything about Greeks and it was on my app.)

subzero0174 said:

I would put in on the application as long as you have good positive things to say about it. For instance, if you held multiple leadership position, that would be a definite pluss. I was also in a stereotypical fraternity and also was the academic advisor for a couple years so i can kind of relate to what you're saying.