Griffith MD 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureMD99

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a fellow Canadian BSc graduate. I just finished undergrad but by the time I had to write the MCAT I was late for all the applications to Aus. I decided to move my MCAT to January just to get some extra time to prepare and hopefully do well!! I’m interested in applying to Griffith MD for the 2023 intake but I was just wondering if any international students on here got into Griffith. If so, can you please share your stats and your application process to the uni?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No one on this thread got into Griffith?
I got in, but I’m going to Deakin. I have a 3.86 cgpa and a 519 MCAT. The application process was easy and there were no interviews this year. Griffith also offers a $70000 scholarship, which is great if you get in. :) Also have a 4.0 masters, but I don’t know how that plays into Australian GPA calculations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in, but I’m going to Deakin. I have a 3.86 cgpa and a 519 MCAT. The application process was easy and there were no interviews this year. Griffith also offers a $70000 scholarship, which is great if you get in. :) Also have a 4.0 masters, but I don’t know how that plays into Australian GPA calculations.
Thank you for your response!! Is the 70,000 scholarship offered to everyone that gets accepted or is it based off of previous academic performance? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why did you choose flinders over Griffith?

Thank you for your response!! Is the 70,000 scholarship offered to everyone that gets accepted or is it based off of previous academic performance? Also, if you don’t mind me asking, why did you choose flinders over Griffith?
I don’t know if it’s everyone, but I know one other person that was accepted also go it—they accept very few international I believe, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they all get it. I chose Deakin over Griffith because the school focuses on rural and indigenous medicine, which I wanna focus on as a physician; the small class sizes seem more for me; and well, they offer a clinical rotation you can take anywhere in the world which seems awesome.

I did receive an offer but declined. You just need 5.0GPA (Aus scale) to receive a 20% off tuition and 5.5GPA for 25% off which is equivalent to 71000$. You can then apply for a 50% off but that requires a personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I just accepted my offer and will be attending in January 2022. I have a 3.7 GPA and 512 MCAT. Apparently, they do not care about your subsection score, as long as you meet the minimum requirement, which is 123. I do not know about the previous cycles. but this year. the minimum MCAT that receive an offer is 510. I suggest you contact Oztrekk if you want to have a better idea of the incoming class stats. You can also check out this link that has the stats from last year cycle (https://oztrekk.com/apps/competitive-medicine-statistics.pdf).

Hey, I just accepted my offer and will be attending in January 2022. I have a 3.7 GPA and 512 MCAT. Apparently, they do not care about your subsection score, as long as you meet the minimum requirement, which is 123. I do not know about the previous cycles. but this year. the minimum MCAT that receive an offer is 510. I suggest you contact Oztrekk if you want to have a better idea of the incoming class stats. You can also check out this link that has the stats from last year cycle (https://oztrekk.com/apps/competitive-medicine-statistics.pdf).
Hey, where did you get the information that you need an MCAT of at least 510 to get an offer? That seems quite high, especially when looking at the stats you sent where the average that gets an offer is usually less than 507.

Hey, where did you get the information that you need an MCAT of at least 510 to get an offer? That seems quite high, especially when looking at the stats you sent where the average that gets an offer is usually less than 507.
I am in a facebook group where Oztrekk post about number of offers being issued and the MCAT scores that received them. I think one of the main reason why this year admitted scores are high is because they did not make us do any interview, and we were ranked based solely on our GPA and MCAT score. You can always contact Oztrekk to find out about the admitted stat.

I am in a facebook group where Oztrekk post about number of offers being issued and the MCAT scores that received them. I think one of the main reason why this year admitted scores are high is because they did not make us do any interview, and we were ranked based solely on our GPA and MCAT score. You can always contact Oztrekk to find out about the admitted stat.
Thanks for the reply. I did not apply though Oztrekk so I'm not sure if they would reveal their stats to me. Do you know if they are planning on sending out more offers, or were all offers sent out already? My status still says they are assessing my application.

Thanks for the reply. I did not apply though Oztrekk so I'm not sure if they would reveal their stats to me. Do you know if they are planning on sending out more offers, or were all offers sent out already? My status still says they are assessing my application.
Tbh I have no idea. The only thing I know is that so far, they have issue around ~60 offers to Oztrekk students alone, since the end of August until now. I do not know how many have accepted or how many slots are available for international students. Maybe you should try to contact the admission office.

based on the competitive admission statistics document the lowest mcat to receive an offer was 503 with 513 being the avg for Griffith