Gross Lab Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrovna

Reaction score
Hello friends I am desperate. My lab book has gotten SO gross and stinky from large animal anatomy lab that I can't even open it to study at home without stinking up the whole room. I cannot stress enough how bad it smells. Have any of you experienced the same thing? Do you have any tips on getting rid of the smell??? 😭

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends I am desperate. My lab book has gotten SO gross and stinky from large animal anatomy lab that I can't even open it to study at home without stinking up the whole room. I cannot stress enough how bad it smells. Have any of you experienced the same thing? Do you have any tips on getting rid of the smell???
Open mouth breathing. Super slim tampons up your nostrils. Study outside. Burn it once you don’t need it anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Spend an afternoon outside and copy over the info to a clean book?

Then burn the gross one

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a period of time (1-2 days) where you're not using it, place it in a bag or canister where it is completely covered with activated carbon (like used for aquariums) and salt. Make sure bag is zipped/sealed shut or canister is airtight. This will help with absorbing the odor (preferably at least 24 hours in bag or canister). It won't get rid of it 100%, but will help take the edge off, so it is manageable. Baking soda helps too, but it doesn't seem to knock out strong odors like that quite as well as the carbon/salt combo.

Back years ago when I took anatomy, my dissection group all pooled our money to buy a dedicated “lab copy” we just left in the anatomy lab. Then we kept our clean copies at home for studying. But that doesn’t help on the back end...more a tip for future students.

Reactions: 1 user