ratched

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi everyone - I'm actually a current psych resident enjoying a quiet call for the moment.

A youngish family member of mine was diagnosed with AD a few years ago and is showing quite rapid cognitive decline. She's already on AChE-inh therapy. Does anyone know of any promising clinical trials going on at any of the Northeastern academic hospitals (or Eastern Canada, for that matter)? We're starting to explore the experimental therapies at this point....

Thanks for any responses.

texmate

Friendly Texan
10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi everyone - I'm actually a current psych resident enjoying a quiet call for the moment.

A youngish family member of mine was diagnosed with AD a few years ago and is showing quite rapid cognitive decline. She's already on AChE-inh therapy. Does anyone know of any promising clinical trials going on at any of the Northeastern academic hospitals (or Eastern Canada, for that matter)? We're starting to explore the experimental therapies at this point....

Thanks for any responses.

Boston University has all the new drug trials in the eastern side. They are the only place which I know who are doing all the five (phase 3) medication trials for AD currently. www.bualzresearch.org

doxtyp

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Check Alzheimer Disease Center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (www.utsouthwestern.edu). They are working on AD vaccine and new treatments.
Good luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.