AF_PedsBoy

Stuffed Animal Overlord
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2004
Japan
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I have to go own to occupational, Monday, to get a z-pack for pertussis prophylaxis. :mad: Fortunately when my child is readmitted they'll come back to me ad I plan on spending a full hour after noon conference poking her mercilessly. Peds is so great - they're all so cute ...for little plague bearers...

Kate007

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2005
Status
AF_PedsBoy said:
I have to go own to occupational, Monday, to get a z-pack for pertussis prophylaxis. :mad: Fortunately when my child is readmitted they'll come back to me ad I plan on spending a full hour after noon conference poking her mercilessly. Peds is so great - they're all so cute ...for little plague bearers...

I feel for you. I got what I call intractable diarrhea on my peds rotation. little rugrats :mad:

AF_PedsBoy

Stuffed Animal Overlord
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2004
Japan
Status
  1. Attending Physician
I just found that since I actually followed the respiratory isolation precautions and wore a mask every time, that I don't need the prophylaxis! Good thing, too, because the whole time I was taking care of the kid I was thinking, "This is BS," because the kid didn't even have a cough, looked great, and was satting 98-100% on RA for all three days!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads