GT SMP stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the avg stats of people accepted into the GT SMP??

Is the class pretty much full by now?

Members don't see this ad.

the class isn't full but it's getting there. applications started going in around january. i'm in with a 3.3 and a 34.. i think the average accepted stats are a little lower than this.. a 3.2 and a 32 maybe?

NRAI2001 said:
What are the avg stats of people accepted into the GT SMP??

Is the class pretty much full by now?

The class is not full, if you do plan on applying, apply soon. They take applications uptil June 1st I believe and will wait for your April MCAT scores. Ill be applying a bit late as well. You should have a 27 MCAT to be considered, Im not sure about the GPA. But applying this late in the game, im assuming more than a 27 will be needed. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
The average stat is 3.2 and 30, I believe.

silkworm said:
The average stat is 3.2 and 30, I believe.

I thought the average for accepted students was a 28 MCAT and a 3.3 GPA (from the website). It might be more competitive this year though... but that's just mindless speculation on my part.

I am going by my memory of what Dr Meyer wrote in the SMP Yahoo board. He also mentioned 27 MCAT is the minimum of what they accept. So it doesn't seem likely that 28 would be the average.

HouseIsMyHero said:
I thought the average for accepted students was a 28 MCAT and a 3.3 GPA (from the website). It might be more competitive this year though... but that's just mindless speculation on my part.

That was from 03 of 04 I believe. But everything should be taken with a grain of salt, the adcom looks at everything. But in general from what Dr. Myers and others have said, if anyone is below a 27 that might be rough.

I am still in the App process so hopefully I can give more input once i recieve a final decision.