You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I feel sorry for the folks who don't own 360's or PS3's cause this game is gonna crush every game ever made.

Comes out in 8 days but who's counting.

Mine is already pre-ordered and will be nerdily picked up post call.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
level at FL210
Status
I feel sorry for the folks who don't own 360's or PS3's cause this game is gonna crush every game ever made.

Comes out in 8 days but who's counting.

Mine is already pre-ordered and will be nerdily picked up post call.
Have yet to play a GTA.

Can I pick up the new version and know whats going on?

OP
VentdependenT

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Have yet to play a GTA.

Totally.

They worked on this thing for 3 years and the level of detail/amount of stuff you do(well, the virtual you) is supposed to be stupid.

Its the kind of game where you just start doing whatever the hell you want. Its like a little minnie evil jet in a microcosm runnen round causing trouble. Plus you can just put in a cheat code and get every single gun/tank/hooker/whatever and just goof around.

Just don't let your little one near it. Not unless you wanna get him a minnie gangsta jump suit and a pimp glove for back handen folks.

MandM06

Mr. 25/8
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I had this game pre-ordered since last September!!!:laugh: I'm currently playing Saints Row to hold me over until April 29th. It's sad :( to think how bad my videogame addiction is (you should see my collection)......OHH WELL.

BTW, the storylines of the GTA series are independent so you can jump right into any game.

epidural man

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2007
San Diego
Status
Attending Physician
Have yet to play a GTA.

I haven't either but people talk like it is great.

I'll tell ya what though, I think Call of Duty 4 is just incredible. Unbelievable graphics. Now that orals are over, I can really dig in to that game. I also recently got Guitar Hero III. That is so unsophisticated compared to my other xbox360 games, but holy crap it is fun and addicting.

How about Gears of War? I haven't played it but heard is rather cool also. I like the "tears for fears" cover Mad World that is in the game though.

OP
VentdependenT

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I haven't either but people talk like it is great.

I'll tell ya what though, I think Call of Duty 4 is just incredible. Unbelievable graphics. Now that orals are over, I can really dig in to that game. I also recently got Guitar Hero III. That is so unsophisticated compared to my other xbox360 games, but holy crap it is fun and addicting.

How about Gears of War? I haven't played it but heard is rather cool also. I like the "tears for fears" cover Mad World that is in the game though.
You should pick up gears. Its worth it. Its the reason I bought a 360 in the first place.

epidural man

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2007
San Diego
Status
Attending Physician

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
level at FL210
Status
have you done any of the call of duty games?
Dude, Venty was nationally ranked at some video game, so whatever your questions are, ASK VENTY.

Dude couldda probably made more money killing folks on an XBox in competitions than he will in anesthesia. :laugh: