GTown SMP lag year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbear15

CalBear15
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, for those of you that don't go to medical schools immediately after the SMP, what do you plan on doing during the lag year?

Just in case I don't get in right away, I'm planning this as a two year process and I want to get an idea of what I should be doing during the lag year.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

calbear15 said:
hey guys, for those of you that don't go to medical schools immediately after the SMP, what do you plan on doing during the lag year?

I'm planning this as a two year process and I want to get an idea of what I should be doing during the lag year.

thanks

Calbear,

I would get a job in anything that is medically related...perhaps a lab or a physician's office. Are you not applying to medical schools while in the SMP? The directors told us at the beginning of the year that they highly recommend everyone to apply during the SMP year.

premed said:
Calbear,

I would get a job in anything that is medically related...perhaps a lab or a physician's office. Are you not applying to medical schools while in the SMP? The directors told us at the beginning of the year that they highly recommend everyone to apply during the SMP year.

thanks. I am applying during the year. I was just trying to plan for different scenarios.

calbear15 said:
thanks. I am applying during the year. I was just trying to plan for different scenarios.

Good idea. It's always nice to have a back-up just in case.