Gtwn Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

water40polo04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about applying to GTWN are most people doing the online app at GTWN or are some doing the AAMC application. How did you guys decide which one to do and how long did it take to fill out thanks??!!

Members don't see this ad.

water40polo04 said:
I have a question about applying to GTWN are most people doing the online app at GTWN or are some doing the AAMC application. How did you guys decide which one to do and how long did it take to fill out thanks??!!

There's an AAMC application for the SMP? :confused: I don't know about that, but I did the online application through Georgetown's SMP website. It's pretty short, the part that takes time is getting the transcripts together.

water40polo04 said:

The AAMC application would be, by definition for the medical school. There is an online and/or a written application for the Special Master's Program (SMP). Are you referring to the medical school or the SMP?

Members don't see this ad :)
water40polo04 said:

I haven't applied to medical school yet so I didn't have a previous AAMC app to send in. But if you previously applied and have an AAMC app on file you can forward it to G-Town along with transcripts and letter of rec. I don't know what you mean by a decision to be made. If you already applied to med schools you have an AAMC already done, if you didn't apply you don't and have to do Option B - Supplemetal App as PhilAnthro explained above.

Phil Anthropist said:
Maybe water40polo04 is referring to Options A and B here:
http://www.georgetown.edu/departments/physiology/physios/application.htm
water40polo04 might be talking about the AMCAS app option (Option A).

But I haven't applied so I don't know. :oops:

Oh. Maybe that is what he's talking about. Well, you have to do the online application from Georgetown and submit your old AMCAS in addition (unless you want to do option B, but why would you if you already have your AMCAS all done?). So, regardless of whether you do option A or B, you still have to submit Georgetown's SMP application. You can do that on paper if you really want, but it costs an extra $10.

Hi
i was referring to the different options and i haven't applied to med school yet so i don't have an AAMC app but i was confused because you can still log in and fill an old one out, I thought that was what Dr. Myers was referring too in some of his posts. I was confused that is why i was asking, so i guess i just pick option B then, thank you to all!!