guaranteed interview/conditional acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsoh432000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im looking at smp's and some post bacc programs and im trying to put together a list of the ones that offer guaranteed interviews or conditional acceptances. some that ive found are muo, evms, u conn, and rfu. id appreciate it if anyone could add to the list, correct me, elaborate, etc. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to be a URM to be offered the conditional acceptance at UConn. All post-bacs that complete the program are interviewed.

You have to be a URM to be offered the conditional acceptance at UConn. All post-bacs that complete the program are interviewed.
do you know if there are two program b's? one for urms and one for non?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know if there are two program b's? one for urms and one for non?
I think the program A/B thing is to give the adcom a general idea of where you are in the coursework. There's not really a program A/B in practice. When I applied, I fit right into the middle of program A and B--I had done one year of bio/chem but not orgo/physics. They do a great job of tailoring the coursework to what you need or what upper level classes would help your application. There's both URM and non-URM folks doing program B-like coursework.

Just to clarify, ALL students (Program A or B) will be guaranteed an interview?

It is stated in their website:
"Will completing the program result in an automatic acceptance into the School of Medicine or School of Dental Medicine?
No. Applicants proceed to apply to professional school(s) and are considered with the same criteria as others applying to the professional school(s). The track record for the Post Baccalaureate Program shows an outstanding placement record."