Guaranteed Postbac Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stellashop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know which med schools offer postbaccalaureate programs that will guarantee top performers a spot in its med school? Which ones have the highest rate of acceptance? Is there any program in CA like that or is there a program that will allow you to end up in a CA med school?

The websites I've visited are very vague and secretive about its programs and acceptance rates. I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

stellashop said:
Hi,

Does anyone know which med schools offer postbaccalaureate programs that will guarantee top performers a spot in its med school? Which ones have the highest rate of acceptance? Is there any program in CA like that or is there a program that will allow you to end up in a CA med school?

The websites I've visited are very vague and secretive about its programs and acceptance rates. I would greatly appreciate any info you can provide. Thanks.

I don't think there are any that "guarantee" admission. However, Loyola does guarantee an interview to those that successfully complete the program, which requires at least a 3.0.

I'm a CA resident too and unless you're an URM or otherwise disadvantaged, forget it. Eastward, ho!

stellashop,

Are you a career changer or have you already taken the prereqs?

There's some career-changer postbac programs with strong linkages or agreements with various schools (honestly I don't know any out in Cali). Most of these are out east. And apparently, some pretty much guarantee you a spot.

If you've already taken the prereqs, there are very few programs that have any sort of guarantee. There are a few programs for URMs/disadvantaged that pretty much have guarantees (Drexel DPMS and Creighton I believe are some examples). But if you're not, the special masters programs are as close as you'll get...RFU having the strongest unofficial linkage. Tacrum's right about some postbac enrichment programs having guaranteed interviews. In addition to programs like Loyola's MA in Medical Sciences, there's others like Drexel's IMS program that award guaranteed interviews if you meet certain numerical criteria.