Guelph - Ontario veterinary college

Started by Vetgirl305
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vetgirl305

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got an e-mail from Guelph yesterday asking if I wanted to interview at their school? I'm sooo torn. Has anybody else applied to or heard from Guelph? Does anybody know much about the school besides what I read on the websites? I was accepted to UMN: and am torn whether to interview at Guelph or not? Do you think its stupid to be looking at an international school when being accepted to a US school? (I dont mean to offend anybody.) The what ifs are creeping into my mind.....
 
I'm from Ontario, and if you got an interview for OVC, that's amazing. that school is insane to get into. That's why so many of us turn to international, because there's only 3 english speaking vet schools in Canada, and OVC is the only one in Ontario. If I were you, I'd interview..
 
Are you happy with UMN? If you are not it might be worth it to go see what Guelph has to offer. If you are I wouldn't spend the money and effort to go up. Also, it'd check their tuition. A lot of the foreign schools are rather expensive...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed there for an international spot a few years ago and didn't make the cut...but I can tell you that Guelph is a charming town, Ontario is beautiful, and the people are super-nice. The school is gorgeous, gothic-y (at least the part that I saw). At the time, it was my first choice because my idol (well-known board-certified emergency/critical care specialist) went there and she was so f'in awesome. She's since become double-boarded in surgery. 🙂 Great school, great town--I'd go if I were you. Hope that helps!