Guessing and your score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know that each version of the test is different and some are harder than others, but how much did you guess and if you received scores from previous PCATs how did you do?

for example, I just took the January test (first time) and guessed on maybe 8 math questions because I simply ran out of time.

If I got all 8 math questions wrong plus 2 additional math questions I'd only have 38/48..this is almost 80% right, but since it is scaled how does that compare with other test takers?

any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you completely blindly guess, or did you at least eliminate an answer or two?

I guessed on quite a few problems, but for almost all of them I at least could narrow down the choices a bit, or pick the answer that "seemed right" even if I had no idea how to actually get that answer. I probably only guessed without having any idea on one or two (maybe more - it's been awhile).

I ended up with a 95 the first time and a 98 the second time. I've always been a pretty good guesser/test taker though. I remember some math contest in 6th grade, people talked about how they guessed on 5 of the 40 problems. I was like, are you kidding? I guessed on 13! But then I ended up getting a high enough score to be ranked statewide.

i blindly guessed on at least 80% of the ones that i guessed on...the others i probably eliminated one or two options

i'm really really bad at math so i spent a ton of time on the first half and ran out of time for the 2nd half

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to blindly guess on about six questions, and I got a 96:D

It's too tough to guess considering the number of variables involved. I suppose that you could have a 70+ if you did well on everything else.

I ran out of time on the Chem section and bubbled in B's for the last 7 questions. So i thought there was no way I was going to get an A. But I got a 94.
So I dont know, I guess maybe the chemistry section is one where people dont do so well, so my score got scaled higher than it really was. I mean the 7 I left, I didnt even have time to guess on.
Then again..... in the Verbal, I guess most do good on that,So even though I thought I atlease knew half of those questions my score got scaled lower since the applicant pool did well on that section so I got a 20:eek:.