Guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jahnavi bhatt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Indian trained dentist who came to usa to do dds . But I'm confused with these questions...can anyone help me ?

1)what is the difference between nbde1 &2 and inbde ?

2)when inbde exam is conducted ( specific month and date)

3)any centers offer coaching for inbde exams

I will be thankful if anyone helps me with this queries.

Members don't see this ad.

First answer a question if you are able to afford to pay for the program. About $300K is a lot. For some funny reason people rarely ask themselves this question
Next - are you eligible for student visa or do you have a US residency.
Very useful to have above average GPA, otherwise you have very little chances for admission
Only after answering those questions you should inquire about admission requirements
NBDE1&2 as well as INBDE are board exams testing everything you supposed to learn in dental school. INBDE is a combined, newer version of NBDE1&2. Dates are found at Prometric website, but you need to fulfill requirements before being allowed to take those exams: do credentials evaluation and submit results to ADA, as far as I remember. Not all foreign schools graduates are eligible to take those exams
"Coaching" would not help. To pass, you have to know. There are books and cards to review forgotten material

Reactions: 1 user
First answer a question if you are able to afford to pay for the program. About $300K is a lot. For some funny reason people rarely ask themselves this question
Next - are you eligible for student visa or do you have a US residency.
Very useful to have above average GPA, otherwise you have very little chances for admission
Only after answering those questions you should inquire about admission requirements
NBDE1&2 as well as INBDE are board exams testing everything you supposed to learn in dental school. INBDE is a combined, newer version of NBDE1&2. Dates are found at Prometric website, but you need to fulfill requirements before being allowed to take those exams: do credentials evaluation and submit results to ADA, as far as I remember. Not all foreign schools graduates are eligible to take those exams
"Coaching" would not help. To pass, you have to know. There are books and cards to review forgotten material
Thank you for your valuable reply.
I heard that foreign dentists are eligible for post graduation courses in prosthodontics and periodontics is it true ?

Masters programs are highly competitive and usually reserved for DDS/DMD holders. There are a few residencies accepting foreign graduates, but are next to impossible to get into

Reactions: 1 user