Gunners: A Debate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EHA DDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, all us NYU D1's are busy studying for our biochemistry final, and i needed a little break...posted this in pre-dental too...

So here is my question: Does the word "gunner" necessarily have a negative connotation.

My opinion is that gunners are people that are always hardcore studiers aiming for 4.0 all the time. Some people say gunners are like my definition but are also unethical in their quest for the mighty 4.0. Others say that they are annoying people going around and showing off/testing other ppl's knowledge.
What do you guys think?

I don't think being a gunner is bad...if a person always wants to do well, all the power to them.

Members don't see this ad.

EHA DDS said:
Hey guys, all us NYU D1's are busy studying for our biochemistry final, and i needed a little break...posted this in pre-dental too...

So here is my question: Does the word "gunner" necessarily have a negative connotation.

My opinion is that gunners are people that are always hardcore studiers aiming for 4.0 all the time. Some people say gunners are like my definition but are also unethical in their quest for the mighty 4.0. Others say that they are annoying people going around and showing off/testing other ppl's knowledge.
What do you guys think?

I don't think being a gunner is bad...if a person always wants to do well, all the power to them.
Gunners were only bad in undergrad when they killed class curves. Those bastards :laugh:

EHA DDS said:

What do you guys think?

i agree with you. as long as they don't do unethical things or put down people, why have problems with them? majority of people probably dislike them because of jealousy, or because they've raised the bar so that now people have to work harder. but we need gunners in our society- i mean can you imagine what our society would be like if everyone just aims for mediocrity or 'average'.

Status
Not open for further replies.